Over creative coffee cup conversations with friends about blogging I learned that: sometimes, people just come for the pics and the short pieces of clear inspiration they can take with them along the way. So essentially, a nice way of saying that not everything, all the time, everywhere has to be so deep. We’re talking about me though (rolls eyes). I’m certain there’s an infinite universe of deep inside me. But, I agree and I’ve said before that I wanted to work on balance. Here and in other areas of my life. So, in the spirit of keeping it light (and still transparent) here are 15 completely random truths so you can get to know me…sans life epiphany :).
- I wholeheartedly believe leggings are pants. Don’t debate me.
- I wear headwraps, sometimes because they’re cute, mostly because my hair is a mess.
- Sometimes I eat chicken because chick-fil-a (fake ass vegan).
- I am a faux wino, sometimes I buy cheap wine…*whispers and I like it.
- I believe “athleisure” (that’s what y’all calling cute leggings and sweatshirts right?) is the greatest creation of our lifetime. See number 1.
- I could eat Chipotle everyday (and sometimes I do).
- I think Starbucks is gross, but sometimes I buy it for “aesthetic” purposes #bloggerlife.
- On days I wear non-prescription glasses it’s because I’m too lazy to wear concealer.
- And sometimes I don’t take off my makeup at night.
- I’ll love Uggs forever. Basic.
- Sometimes I only eat once a day, not because I’m not hungry…because I forget.
- I buy overpriced Uncrustables ($10 for PBJ sandwiches though?) because Jr. loves them, hates crust, and sanity.
- Instagram stories makes me uncomfortable (if you see me doing them, know inside I’m crying) but I like watching them.
- While I love it, I haven’t yet reached the point of liking my natural hair. She wild.
- I have this deep seated desire to save the world but I haven’t yet figured out how to save myself. Issa struggle.
Most Sundays I share a letter from my journey with those on my email list. WELL SPENT is part things I’ve come across that inspire me, things I think might resonate with you, and a lesson from the journey. Get my FREE Project Planner when you sign up.