If you know anything about my natural hair, you know that some of my favorite products are by As I Am. I randomly discovered this brand back in when I was transitioning and looking for a cleansing conditioner and since then I’ve mentioned my beloved Coconut Co-Wash more than a few times but long story short: It’s bomb. Period. So when I ran out this past wash day and went to my local beauty supply to find they were smooth out, I was UPSET.
I don’t really do shampoo unless I need to and it took me foreverrr to find a conditioner that left my hair feeling clean. What was a girl to do?? I spent a good 15 minutes trying to figure out my life…or at the very least if there was another store close by that had the cleansing conditioner. After serious debate, I decided to just try a few new As I Am products because I mean, if the cowash (and leave in because you already know how I feel about their leave in hunny) worked well, maybe I’d have similar success with some of their other products.
First thing I grabbed was the Cleansing Pudding+ Sulfate-Free Moisturizing Cleanser. It had me at sulfate-free so even it it isn’t as magical as my cowash, at least I know it’s gentle.
CLEANSING PUDDING+ Sulfate-Free Moisturizing Cleanser
- Cleanses hair of residue and product build-up
- Moisturizes as it cleanses
- Rids scalp of excess sebum, environmental impurities and shedding scalp debris
- Provides a soothing scalp treatment
- Helps promote a healthy environment for hair growth.
Key Ingredients: Tangerine, Aloe Vera, Castor Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Saw Palmetto and Phytosterols – As I Am
I still needed a conditioner so I grabbed the Hydration Elation Intensive Conditioner. My hair is chronically dry so anything with hydration in the name is good in my book.
HYDRATION ELATION Intensive Conditioner
- Moisturizes deep within the hair shaft
- Smooths and aligns cuticle layer
- Strengthens weak areas and repairs split ends
- Promotes shine
- Infused with pure herbal ingredients that stimulate the scalp and hair roots
- Helps promote healthy hair growth from the follicular level
- Enhances manageability and overall hair health
Treat your hair every 2 to 3 weeks (or even more frequently, depending upon the condition of your hair and what you do to it).
Key Ingredients: Coconut, Sugar Cane, Green Tea, Apple, Lemon, Vegetable Glycerin, Shea Butter and Vitamin E – As I Am
I’m excited to try these out and let y’all know how the crown is feeling it. I’ve tried both once and so far: YASSS. But I’ll leave it at that and look out for my full review.
Does anyone else have that one brand of products that your hair just seems to vibe with?
Stay Blessed Beautiful!